| Desale Habtzghi
Department of Statistics
The University of Akron
Phone: (330) 972-8436
Fall 2013 Office Hours
1:00 AM -2:00 PM MW and 10:00-11 TTH
Other Hours By Appointment
B.S. Mathematics (with distinction),
University of Asmara, 1996.
M.S., Mathematic, Souther Illinois University, 2001.
M.S., Statistics, The Univeristy of Georgia, 2003.
Ph.D., Statistics, The University of Georgia, 2006.
Survival Analysis, Biostatistics, Statistical Inferences (parametric and nonparametric), Mathematical Statistics Methodology and Application, Applications in Social and Behavioral science and Bootstrap Methods
• Modified Clopper-Pearson Confidence Interval for Binomial Proportion (2013) accepted in
Journal of Statistical Theory and Application, joint with C. K. Midha and A. Das
• Estimation of Regression Model Using a Two Stage Nonparametric Approach (2013), Journal of Applied Mathematics, 4, 1189-1198, joint with J. Park
• Combining Paired and Two-Sample Data Using a Permutation Test (2013), Journal of Data Science, 11, 767-779, joint with R. Einsporn
• Cap-hardening parameters of Cam-clay model variations with soil moisture content and shape-restricted regression model (2013). Agricultural Engineering International: CIGR Journal, 15(2), 10-24, joint with Tekeste, M. and Koolen, J.
• Deciphering the epidemic synergy of herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) on human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection among women in sub-Saharan Africa (2012),
joint with (M. G. Michael and E. Paintsil), Journal of BMC Res Notes. 5(1):451
• NPD Project Portfolio, Environment, and Performance," ( joint P. Srivastava, A. Dey and G. L. Frankwick), Peer reviwed proceeding, Association of Collegiate Marketing Educators' 39th Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, March 2, 2012
• One sample goodness of fit tests in presence of shape restrictions on the hazard rate function (2012). Sankhya, Volume 74-B, Part 2, 171-194, joint with Datta, S.
• Nonparametric Estimation of Density and Hazard Rate Functions with Shape Restrictions (2011), Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, 23, Volume 23 (2), 455–470 Joint with Meyer, M.
• Estimation of Hazard Functions with Shape Restrictions using Regression Splines (2010), Nonparametric Statistics and Mixture Models: A Festschrift in Honor of Thomas P. Hettmansperger, pp 252-266. Editors Donald Richards, James L. Rosenberger, and David Hunter, joint with Meyer, M.
• Soil strength assessment using threshold probability approach on soils from three agro-ecological zones (2007). Biosystems Engineering 470-478, joint with Tekste, M. and Stroosnijder, L.
• Median of the P-value under the Alternative Hypothesis (2002), the American Statistician, Volume 56, Issue 3, Pages 202-207, joint with Bhattacharya, B.
Some algorithms, data sets and R codes related to my research
R Code for Confidence Interval for Bionmial Probability
R Code for Combining Paired and Two-Sample Data
R Code for Nonparametric Estimation of Optimal Retention
5K race data set for the combined permutation test
Last Updated: June 20, 2013.
The content and opinions expressed on this Web page do not necessarily reflect the views of nor are they endorsed by the University of Akron.