Team Up or Go It Alone - but don't split up the work! Find the
to the questions below before the start of our next class.
the UA Library's Main Page http://www.uakron.edu/libraries/
to find the UA Online Catalog at http://library.uakron.edu/screens/opacmenu.html
1. Find the Author, Call Number and Availability Status of a biography of a man named Willie Dixon. From the very brief information that results from your search, what can you say about was the significance of Mr. Dixon's Life?
Call Number & Availability__________________________________________
Who was Mr. Dixon________________________________________________________
2. Now go to the UA Library's ProQuest
Dissertations & Theses, where you can find the
dissertation titles/years/institution of three
instructors (the one's with Ph.d's after their names)
and the dissertation titles/years/institutions for the
people: Martin Luther King Jr. and Mayim Bialik. If you
cannot access the ProQuest site, try a Google Search at http://www.google.com
Martin Luther King
3. Switch over to OhioLINK from the UA Library main menu and find out which libraries hold the book title "San Antonio Rose" by author Townsend.
Who is this book about?_______________________________________________ Which Libraries have this book?
4. While in OhioLink search for the keywords "Ellen Swallow
in quotations and list out the reference information of the
that tells you who she was.
List the reference information: (Author, Publication Year, Title, Publisher)
Briefly, who was Ellen Richards?
5. Now go back to the UA Library's Main Page and find Electronic
Resources. There click on a link called Article Indexes and
You are looking for the Psych INFO Database
Find the reference information of two articles that use the Conflict Tactics Scale.
6. Look over the Article Indexes and Databases for your area
Which sections of these databases are relevant to your scholarly interests?
7. Using an important Article from your discipline, Find the Social Science Citation Index in the Artcle
Indexes and Databases. Just play around with the citation
finding an important article and:
-listing the citations this article used
-listing all the work that cites this article
-Now look up some of your instructors
I'll go over this in class to give you some pointers.
7. Go back to the UA Library Main, and find out the title of the
important scholarly journal in your area
of interest? What is the title of the journal you
What is the Call Number of that journal
Where your journal physically resides in the library?
What are the titles of the journals on either side of your journal on the library shelf?
When is he/she available for consultation on library researchfor students?
Name & Office Hours___________________________________________________Your assignment is now completed - turn in an electronic copy to the Springboard Dropbox