My thesis concept will focus on the role of Child Life in various cultural settings.
- I will begin with stating the importance and application of Child
Life including several proven studies of how Child Life is beneficial:
Further along, I hope to do several things:
- children's coping techniques
- parental stress
- decrease in hospital costs and expenses
- and others.
- analyze various cultures (including cultural norms,
expectations of men, women, boys, and girls), expectations (present and
future), forms and levels of expression, perceptions (men, women,
boys,girls, professionals, society, etc), forms of communication and
communication styles (on a open vs. closed continum, etc.) This
willinclude various studies conducted to demonstrate previously
assessed and researched concepts.
- assess the role of child life in each of the cultures or assess
how child life would fit into each of the cultures if it is not
present. This would also utilize previously conducted studies and
articles published in relation to observations about the role and
relevance of child life specialists.
- how child life services could be improved and increased to
better serve the needs of the patient and family in our and
othercultures based on their values and practices. I may include other
previous suggestions, but this is where I would draw or hypothesis
(andsupport with research, resources and references) about my own
- Possible prospective research ideas for further study
asrelevant to my analysis of what is present and what could be useful
in the future.