Topics/Term Paper Instructions for Graduate Students in
Middle Childhood and Adolescence
INSTRUCTIONS: Your work to be a polished piece that
reviews a single aspect of adolescent development and family
Students should document their scholarly search by using review
sheets (see example here).
The completed paper should include an outline accompanied by the
article reviews and the main paper, complete with the following
Papers should be at least 15 pages, carefully prepared to make a
point, double spaced, typewritten.
- Main Body (containing comparisons and contrasts, or showing
growth in the research area)
- Conclusion in which you evaluate the area as a whole
- References - at least 10 references to scholarly work
Use the Following Topics Guide and Journal Listing if you are
unfamiliar with topics and sources.
- Adolescent/Peer Relationships
- The Developing Adolescent Personality
- Adolescent Family Relationships
- Adolescent Gender Identity
- Adolescent Sexuality
- Adolescent Problems - substance abuse, school performance,
depression, bullying, etc.